The Princess Festival was originally held as a fundraiser for charity (learn more by clicking HERE) – but has since grown too big to be operated under the charity umbrella. The Princess Festival logs over 10,000 volunteer hours each year, provides free admissions to 20 charities that support communities of disabled or disadvantaged children, and engages children in various serviceable activities during our events. In 2011, participants at the Princess Festival:
- Tied 6 quilts that were donated to a foster home non-profit organization
- Made 400 bookmarks for the Juvenile Justice Center
- Wrote 1,200 letters to active-duty soldiers
- Made 1,000 hairbows for children of the Christmas Box Association
- Collected over 60 lbs of food for the Utah Food bank.
- Donated over $30,000 to the charity In Our Own Quiet Way
Another one of our objectives is to raise funds and awareness for our companion nonprofit organization, In Our Own Quiet Way. To give you an idea of what we’ve accomplished in our first four years with Quiet Way…
Since 2008, little girl PRINCESSES coming to the Princess Festivals have helped accomplish the following:
- Supplied a Women’s sewing and farming co-op in rural Africa, providing employment and personal sewing and farming resources for over 30 families
- Supplied 22 impoverished schools with large quantities of books and supplies
- Built and help supply an Orphan Feeding Center near Lake Victoria in Africa
- Facilitated teams of doctors bringing major surgery services to Kakamega, Kenya
- Built dams in the rural Kibewzi district of Kenya and drilled many wells
- Provided clothing and personal items for the extremely poor
- Provided scholarships for orphan children to attend high school, trade school, and college
- Provided Handmade Quilts to children escaping abuse
- Provided facilities, donations, and fundraising venues for many charities including: Surviving Sisters, United Angels Foundation, Cranial Facial Association, Christmas Box, Bare Necessities, In Our Own Quiet Way, Utah Food and Care Coalition, Pearls with a Purpose, Clear Horizons Academy for autistic children, etc
- Delivered food to more than 10,000 people during the severe drought of 2009 in Eastern Kenya
The Princess Festival donates a portion of net proceeds to In Our Own Quiet Way, a 501(c)3 charity.
“Quiet Way” builds innovative and strategic networks and systems that unite development stakeholders in defining shared standards and collaboratively implementing efficient, long-term solutions to water scarcity. We also build dams, assist the extremely poor, and throw lots of starfish back into the sea.