Mission Statement: Our mission is to touch the hearts of young girls (and boys) and communities to empower them in acts of service, kindness, and courage through the creative engagement of imaginative characters, stories, and events.
Vision Statement: The Princess Festival has a vision to establish a world-leading organization that promotes good values and life lessons in fun and interactive ways. We build on the work of Founders, Ron & Maurine Hatfield, to create a synergy of collaboration between our organization’s leaders, our creative talent group, our sponsors, our spokespeople, and our other partners to teach children around the world, ‘value-based’ lessons, giving them interpersonal and self-motivating tools to:
- Identify problems in the community and in the world where they can be an agent of help and change
- Identify possible solutions to resolve or diminish these problems
- Empower them to act in service and kindness in reaching these goals
Our Princesses, along with other characters and stories, create a world of wonder, magic, and inspiration to reinforce these concepts for the children to be ready to use them always.
Values that are taught will help them embody the qualities of a REAL PRINCESS including:
• Be teachable
• Seek self-improvement
• Be hungry for knowledge
• Be loving and kind to others
• Be a good, loyal friend
• Be an enchanting light to the world through acts of service
We will continue to establish partnerships with world charities and organizations to relate our stories to real world problems, including developing third-world water supplies and the feeding, educating, and housing of so many young children who are suffering. We will continue to build a population of empowered PRINCESSES by teaching little girls who, individually and together, will transform societies, ideas, and hearts, providing relief to millions of suffering children and their families worldwide.
We will also continue to use our resources to enhance our mission and vision to become the leading world organization that celebrates the PRINCESS in EVERY LITTLE GIRL.
Since 2008, little girl PRINCESSES coming to the Princess Festivals have helped accomplish the following:
1. Supplied a Women’s sewing and farming co-op in rural Africa, providing employment and personal sewing and farming resources for over 30 families
2. Supplied 22 impoverished schools with large quantities of books and supplies
3. Built and help supply an Orphan Feeding Center near Lake Victoria in Africa
4. Facilitated teams of doctors bringing major surgery services to Kakamega, Kenya
5. Built dams in the rural Kibewsi district of Kenya and drilled many wells
6. Provided clothing and personal items for the extremely poor
7. Provided scholarships for orphan children to attend high school, trade school, and college
8. Provided Handmade Quilts to children escaping abuse
9. Provided facilities, donations, and fundraising venues for many charities including: Surviving Sisters, United Angels Foundation, Cranial Facial Association, Christmas Box, Bare Necessities, In Our Own Quiet Way, Utah Food and Care Coalition, Pearls with a Purpose, Clear Horizons Academy for autistic children, etc
10. Delivered tons of food to more than 10,000 people during the severe drought of 2011 in southern Kenya saving hundreds of lives from starvation
11. Providing ongoing curriculum and other basic books to primary schools in developing countries
12. Building toilet facilities for rapidly growing primary schools in Kenya